Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sticker Shock

Commentary by Ed McKeon.  Ed is co-founder of the Middletown Eye, and currently a Democratic candidate for the Board of Education.


Getting together with candidates and voters at Wednesday evening’s NEAT Meet the Candidate event was a revelation.

On the way in, I received a warm greeting from Quentin Phipps who is running for City Treasurer on the Democratic ticket.

He laughed and said, “It’s great to see you.  I wondered what that face behind the sticker looked like.”

I knew immediately what he was talking about.  

Read the rest of the story here. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I believe in full funding for schools, I do not believe that Superintendent Dr. Frechette is the right person to continue to support. If I could hear the BOE is going to remove him, I could then support that candidate. His actions are unacceptable, intolerable, and costing the taxpayers money.

Anonymous said...

Ed, you are the only candidate on the whole slate that I can honestly say I trust. And no, I am not a republican! You have my vote.

Jennifer Peifer

Decorum said...

Local republicans are different than national ones- they are basically anti-Serra & Frechette. Cause if you want to run with the local democratic party and be endorsed by the town committee you have to be a puppet. Ed being the only acception I see. Unfortunately some registered dem's in town only vote for democrats and do not see the difference and thats how Daly, Klattenberg, Kasper, Santangelo, & Serra keep getting elected over and over again...Folks are afraid to think outside their party lines. Stand up be brave and support good people- even if it's against your national party- and put up a sign- practice what you preach! Vote for change in November-